Like last year, the Free Government flu vaccine in 2018 is a Quadrivalent vaccine for patients under the age of 65. This vaccine is also available privately at Blackburn Clinic for patients who are not eligible for the Free Government vaccine.
There is a new boosted/stronger Free Government flu vaccine for patients aged 65 years and over.
When there is sufficient patient demand we run special Flu Clinics, and at other times you can book for a flu vaccine with your regular doctor.
We recommend patients phone for a Flu appointment, so that staff can identify that the appointment is for a Flu vaccine.
Private Quadrivalent flu vaccine = $20 (incl. GST) plus Consultation fee^^
^^If you attend a Flu Clinic, the Consultation will be bulk billed. Flu Clinic appointments do not address anything other than your flu vaccine. If you have your flu vaccine as part of a normal consultation with your regular doctor, consultation fees will be the doctor’s discretion.
If you are eligible for a Free Government flu vaccine, and attend a Flu Clinic, there is no cost to you.
Eligibility criteria for free government supplied seasonal influenza vaccine#
# Source: https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/public-health/immunisation/vaccine-order-and-stock/seasonal-flu-vaccine
• People who are 65 years of age and over
• Pregnant women at any time during their pregnancy
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged six months to under five years and 15 years and older
• Any person 6 months of age and older with a chronic condition placing them at increased risk of complications from influenza
– New eligible group for 2018 – all children from 6 months of age, to under 5 years of age.