Flu Clinics continue to be available. Optimal protection against influenza occurs within the first three to four months following vaccination. Timing of vaccination should aim to achieve the highest level of protection during peak influenza season, usually from June to September in most parts of Australia. By starting Flu Clinics in May we aim to provide optimal care and hope to avoid the vaccine supply issues that occurred last year.
Make your booking now – please phone for a Flu Clinic appointment (don’t book online) so that we can notate your appointment in order to manage our vaccine stock supplies (different vaccines must be used for different age groups).
Who is eligible for the free influenza vaccine?
· All children aged six months to less than five years – Victorian government funded
· All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged from six months
· All adults aged ≥65 years
· All people aged ≥six months who have certain medical conditions which increase the risk of influenza disease complications; for example, severe asthma, lung or heart disease, low immunity or diabetes
· Pregnant women (during any stage of pregnancy).
If you are eligible for a Free Government flu vaccine, and attend a Flu Clinic^^, there is no cost to you.
Private vaccines will cost $20.00 and if you attend a Flu Clinic, the Consultation will be bulk billed. ^^Flu Clinic appointments do not address anything other than your flu vaccine. If you have your flu vaccine as part of a normal consultation with your regular doctor, consultation fees will be at the doctor’s discretion.
Phone 9875 1123 to book a Flu appointment.