Blackburn Clinic – providing support to a range of quality doctors to care for their patients.
Blackburn Clinic Medical Services provides administrative, business and clinical support to a diverse range of doctors, with a broad skill set and areas of expertise, who put the needs of their patients first.
News and information….
You can access Flu vaccinations through Blackburn Clinic.
These can now be booked via the AMS Connect app or via the Online Booking button at the top of this page, or by phoning 9875 1120. Flu Clinics will commence after Easter.
The bulk of these clinics will be run on Saturday and Sunday afternoons although some opportunities will be provided mid week as well. ALL Vaccination Clinic appointments are bulk billed to Medicare.
Flu vaccines cost $20 for those who are not in one of the Government flu vaccine program eligibility groups.
We have Pfizer’s new monovalent XBB.1.5 vaccine available (for patients aged greater than 12 years). COVID Vaccine appointments can be booked using the booking buttons above, via the app or by phoning the clinic. Eligibility for individuals without risk factors is:
- for ages 18-64, one 2023 booster dose should be considered, 6 months since last dose and since you had the disease.
- for ages 65-74, one 2023 booster dose is recommended, plus an additional dose should be considered. 6 months since last dose and since you had the disease.
- for ages 75 plus, one 2023 booster dose is recommended, plus an additional dose is recommended. 6 months since last dose and since you had the disease.
Shingles vaccination program – read eligibility criteria below first
Due to a lack of Government supply, we have temporarily stopped taking further bookings to complete vaccinations for those already booked in. Please revisit our website for updated information on the availability of the shingles vaccine. We anticipate restarting these clinics in June. Although many are keen for vaccination, there is usually no rush to vaccinate for the non-infectious condition of shingles.
Second doses – we will automatically reserve Dose 2 for you once you’ve received Dose 1, and notify you after your Dose 1 appointment of your Dose 2 booking details.
Eligibility for the 2-dose course of Shingrix®, given 2-6 months apart in most cases, was updated on 8/10/2023 to include:
- people aged 65 years and older
- First Nations people aged 50 years and older
- immunocompromised people aged 18 years and older with medical conditions including:
- haemopoietic stem cell transplant
- solid organ transplant
- haematological malignancy
- advanced or untreated HIV. Immunocompromised people may need an Appointment with their GP to determine eligibility & timing of doses.
- anyone who has received a Zostavax shingles vaccine in the past will need to wait 5 years from the date of vaccination before being eligible for a Shingrix. If in doubt, book an Appointment with your GP to determine eligibility and the timing of your doses.
- anyone who has had Shingles (the condition) within the last 12 months will need an Appointment with their GP to determine their eligibility and the timing of their doses.
In 2020 there were 4.2 million people in Australia aged over 65…. the Government won’t have that number of vaccines available straight away. This vaccination campaign is likely to take several years and vaccine stock is likely to arrive in dribs and drabs. Please be patient and understand that we will only be offering Shingrix vaccines to current patients and we will only be able to give a Shingrix vaccine to a patient who has Booked a “Shingles Vaccine” appointment type.
ONLINE APPOINTMENT BOOKING SYSTEM
Please use the ONLINE BOOKINGS menu options at the top of the page
or download the AMS Connect booking app:
- Standard Consultation
- Long Consultation
- New Patient appointment (ages 0-15 yrs or Ages 16+)
- Cervical Screening
- Complete Health Check
- Covid Vaccination
- Phone Consult
- Travel Consult
- Video Consult
Follow us on Facebook
Keep up to date with changes to vaccine programs, new services and changes to the practice.
Telehealth consultations are billed at the same rates as face-to-face appointments. Please refer to the Fees Page.
CURRENT COVID PROTOCOLS
All patients regardless of vaccination status are welcome to attend for a face-to-face appointment. If you have any Covid related symptoms or are a close contact of a known case, please do a RAT TWO HOURS PRIOR TO your appointment and do not attend if the result is positive. We can change your appointment to a Telehealth if you phone to let us know. We thank you for your patience as we adapt policies in order to maximise protection for vulnerable patients and ensure that the business can remain open and staffed.
COVID-19 INFORMATION IN OTHER LANGUAGES
Please CLICK HERE to view information provided by DHHS about COVID-19, which is available in over 50 different languages.